Director of Email Marketing and Lifecycle
WHO WE ARE
Semrush is a leading digital marketing toolkit for SEO, PPC, and content marketing professionals worldwide, with 7 million marketers who have already used Semrush to improve online marketing activities, monitor their website’s performance, as well as the competitor’s one.
With over 45 tools within the software and search data for 140 countries, Semrush provides solutions for in-house marketing teams and agencies working with clients in any industry. Semrush is an absolute leader in helping good marketers become great!
The Director of Email Marketing and Lifecycle is responsible for developing, executing, and measuring email marketing communications of multiple types, lead nurture experiences, product engagement, and automated marketing campaigns. An ideal candidate is a leader that has a rare combination of a data-driven analytical mindset and a passionate interest and deep knowledge in building compelling email marketing content for a seamless and complete customer journey.
The candidate will know how to unite diverse communications campaigns into one system, define the strategy, build a consistent and robust email and engagement communications framework as well as a tactical roadmap, and prioritize multiple activities based on business goals.
Reporting to the VP of Digital Marketing, you will work closely with internal and external partners, thrive with Semrush scale, rich product portfolio, and complex email marketing communications system. You should be comfortable adjusting to a fast-paced environment, diving deep to illustrate the impact of your work with data and customer anecdotes, delivering results that are highly visible and critical to revenue & traffic for Semrush.
- Develop a robust and complete framework that will balance a holistic view of high-volume, diverse and complex email, automated, and product marketing communications
- Own forecast and growth targets for the email and customer engagement channels that should include a steady flow of generated payments, improvement of consumer lifetime value, and higher engagement with the product
- Lead the implementation of email and engagement marketing programs including but not limited to: email creation, segmentation, deployment, measurement, optimization, etc. leveraging Marketo and Intercom as the primary message delivery technologies
- Develop an iterative testing strategy to gain insights and continually improve the customer experience through optimized messaging, segmentation, and targeting
- Partner with creative, product, content, and sales organizations to deliver compelling content of exceptional value to our customers
- Expand personalization through the use of advanced segmentation and predictive modeling
- Lead and develop a growing team of 7+ employees with a focus on coaching, developing & retaining high-performing talent
- Propose and implement continuous creative and messaging tests. Recommend and implement new initiatives to improve performance and responsiveness
- Manage daily-weekly-monthly data-driven analysis and advanced reporting of the campaign and overall channel performance, including funnel performance, conversion metrics, and segment analysis for internal partners and clients
- 6+ years of experience in email marketing and marketing automation management in medium-sized organizations.
- Extensive experience in database segmentation and targeting for complex multi-product companies and umbrella brands.
- Solid knowledge and experience with the technical, regulatory, and product side of email marketing.
- Good command of Marketo, knowledge of Intercom, or any other product engagement program or messaging programs will be a plus.
- Proven ability to orchestrate content creation with a consistent and resonating tone of voice through internal and external resources.
- Strong strategic aptitude and program management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization, even in the face of ambiguity.
- Passion for using data to drive decisions and ensure the best possible experience for customers.
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, plus the ability to prioritize the most important initiatives for the team.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Medical, Dental and Vision Care
401(k) plan with Dollar for Dollar company match up to 3% and an additional 50% match on the next 2% you contribute- for a total of 4% company matching funds- EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS ARE FULLY VESTED FROM DAY ONE!
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.