Head of SEO
Who we are
SEMrush is an all-in-one digital marketing software suite designed and united by one mission — to make online competition fair and transparent with equal opportunities for everyone. After our start in 2008, creating trailblazing experiments and constant progress, we've grown into the world's leading competitive research service for online marketing. SEMrush is still loyal to the fundamental values that got us to where we are now — adapting to change over following a strict plan and always placing individuals over processes.
SEMrush is hiring the Head of SEO to join our team. This role will report to the SVP of Marketing. We are seeking a leader who is experienced in developing and implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) to drive the company’s growth. Are you passionate about SEO, digital marketing and enjoy diving into data and insights to develop creative ways to acquire and bring back customers? If you’re answering yes, our Head of SEO role could be a perfect opportunity for you.
Performance Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Drive SEO goals and set expectations on execution
- Lead, coach, and mentor the SEO team, ensuring the team has a vision and clear objectives
- Identifying and executing opportunities to improve our company’s and our content’s search rank, organic traffic, and related sales.
- Ensure the best-in-class content production around all the topics, relevant to our customers and our product.
- Constantly staying abreast of new technologies, SEO concepts, and best practices
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS or e-commerce platforms
- 3+ years of experience leading high-performance teams in a fast-paced environment
- The deep foundation of leveraging core SEO concepts (keyword research, user intent, crawlability, mobile-friendly, page speed, etc.) to improve SEO channel performance
- Data forward thinker with an understanding of how consumer mindsets translate into data patterns and signals
- Excellent knowledge of Semrush product and other SEO-supporting tools (Google Keyword Planner, Google Search Console, Google PageSpeed Insights, Optimizilla, Answer the Public, and more)
- Great presentation skills to pitch for resources with the company stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
Medical, Dental and Vision Care
401(k) plan with company matching 50% of employee’s contributions for the first 6% of salary (available after the first 90 days of employment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
It is the policy of SEMrush to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.