There is more to creating content than just writing — teamwork and collaboration are critical for successful campaigns. A lot of articles discuss marketing and research strategies, but they don't discuss office politics, integration of teams, dealing with unsuccessful campaigns, and the ideal content team. In last week's #SEMrushchat, Christoph Trappe and our community discussed each of these issues, and offered strategies they use to manage each of them.
Check out the tweets below, and be sure to tell us what you think.
Retention Content plays a role in all of this, but so does: Sales
The product (or service).
- The budget didn't match the scope of the strategy
- Nothing was monitored while campaigns were running
- Analytics were set up incorrectly
- No testing
- We can't control everything
- SEO Manager
- Graphic Designer / Videographer (or both please!)
- Digital PR Manager
- Social Media Manager ...and can I also request a lifetime supply of chocolate biscuits! 🍪 \
Social Ads Guru
Social media manager
Facebook Ad specialist
Snapchat Ad specialist
✅Analysts and a big data team
and any others that may have the required knowledge. Pretty much everyone should work together and not work in a vacuum. Keep a slack channel that everyone subscribes to so that all can contribute. Even the janitor has experience/knowledge.
Do you have any additional tips?
If you have strategies, advice, or opinions, please share them in the comments below. Also, join us on Wednesday, January 29th, at 11 am ET/4 pm BST for SEMrushchat.