It is not easy to get published on our blog
PLEASE read the following carefully.
What We Are
Content that is educational — think of a how-to guide.
- What can you teach others?
- What can you teach that is different from what has already been published?
- What can you write that will establish you as a true authority in this industry?
- Break down the steps people can follow, screenshots are great teaching tools.
Here are 10 Basic Guidelines for Approval
1.Unique contentthat hasn't been published elsewhere.
2.Actionablehow-to information our readers can learn from.
3.Avoid the basicspeople already know. Avoid general theorizing on abstract subjects and basic, obvious tips. Our audience is not new to the digital marketing field.
4.Link to credible resourcesif you want to ensure the reader understands the basics please link to credible resources.
5.Don't appear overly self-promotionalthat makes you appear less authoritative and hurts our blog.
6.Use relevant & timely research dataand credible sources.
7.Should meet a needand offer a valid solution(s).
8.Be authoritativethe writer must "know" their subject and it should be obvious in the writing. Authors need to be able to debate well in comments should the need arise.
9.Focus on being technically accuratethe SEO community is not forgiving when it comes to inaccuracies.
10.Don't make claimsthat can't be backed up; focus on facts, and not opinions.
What We Won’t Publish
- What we have already seen repeatedlywhat is your twist on something that is already known?
- Opinion-based or editorial articlesremember, teach — tips, strategies, steps to follow, etc.
- Articles with self-promotional linkslinks to relevant resources are fine.
- Articles that offer no valuewriters should read our blog & see what works with our audience.
- Hard to read articles with many grammatical errorswill not be considered.
How to Impress the Editing Team
1.Don’t email us your articlesubmit it via our CMS so our entire editing team can see it.
2.Use title case in each headingwe admire those that do.
3.Run your article through a grammar/spelling checkerlike Grammarly.
4.Be open to making changes that will make your article amazingthe editors want you to look the best you can in front of a very large audience.
5.Eliminate contractionstoo many contractions make articles appear casual and not authoritative.
6.Make sure your post is well structuredplease use <H2>-<H4> headings, lists and so on.
7.Think of appealing visual presentationuse visuals. If you feel your post will benefit from additional imagery, infographics etc. but you don’t have resources to create them, let us know. Our designers will be happy to help.
What happens when I submit my post?
When a post is submitted it is added to the queue. Editors put articles under review and move through them one-by-one. Authors will be notified if changes need to be made, if articles are approved, and if they are not a fit for our blog.
The initial evaluation usually takes two business days, the editing process may take up to two weeks, and due to the great number of posts submitted your article will most likely be published in 2-4 weeks; we appreciate your patience.
Do you have an idea for a blog post?
If you have any questions you can reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org